We've been back from prom market in Atlanta for a couple of weeks now, so it's time to give you some inside scoop on what we saw! Most designers won't allow photos to be taken of their dresses to avoid copycats. We did get a few pics of posters and some of Jovani. You can see them on our Facebook page. Be sure to take a look and let us know what you think!
Trends we saw throughout the show:
- Navy - LOTS of dresses in this gorgeous dark blue they are calling Navy
- Mesh Inserts - dresses with inserts that have the nude mesh so it looks like it's skin.
- Sheer Skirts - mermaid style dresses that hug the hips down the legs, then a skirt sheer enough to see the legs and shoes.
- Studs - metal studs, some pointed (yikes!) and some rounded, all over the dresses in patterns.
- Chiffon - beautiful, gorgeous and stunning colors in flowing chiffon with beaded accents
- Variegated beading - beaded bodices and accents going from light to dark in colorful shades
- Short sheaths with overskirts - fitted short skits in all types of fabric with overskirts attached at the waist
- Colored jewels - big chunky jewels in colors instead of clear
- Mirrored Sequins - in rectangles, squares, and other shapes
As we get the new prom dresses on our site, we'll keep you up to date on all new trends! So stay tuned! And be sure to Like our Facebook page to get first look at pics of the dresses!